Awards & Honors
Our pioneering mission and our commitment to both excellence and access for all has brought us many prestigious honors and awards over the years, including:
- John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts and Christopher Reeve Foundation "Award for Excellence in Accessibility Leadership"
- Massachusetts Cultural Council's "Commonwealth Award"
- President's Committee on the Arts and Humanities & National Endowment for the Arts "Coming Up Taller" Award
- Actors' Equity Association's "Rosetta LeNoire Award"
- StageSource Boston "Theatre Hero" Award
- Our Place Theatre Project's "African American Theatre Festival Award"
- Arts and Business Council of Greater Boston "Tops of the Avenue" Award
- New England Theatre Conference "Moss Hart Memorial Award"
- Bay State Council of the Blind's "Access Achievement Award"
- Massachusetts Commission on the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Service Award
- Boston Parents' Paper "Family Hall of Fame"
I think the theatre is fabulous. We really value the non-traditional casting and extremely reasonable ticket prices. You are the crown jewels!
Everyone is so friendly and truly cares about how and what I'm doing creatively. I am very grateful for the support Wheelock Family Theatre has given me over the years. There truly is no other place like it!
–Alex W, actor & former student