Join us for our first ever Summer Sampler on Monday, January 20 from 9:30am to 12:30pm!
Sign-up for a FREE 45-minute sample class with Wheelock Family Theatre Teaching Artists, meet members of our staff to learn about all of our classes, and receive exclusive savings! This sampler day is geared toward children who will be entering kindergarten through eighth grade in the fall of 2020. However, we do offer programs for high school students and encourage families interested in these opportunities to join us and meet our staff to learn more.
More exciting partnerships and program to be announced. Don’t wait to register, spaces are limited.
Schedule for the Day
9:00am – Check-in begins
9:30am – First sample class (45 minutes)
10:30am – Second sample class (45 minutes)
11:30am – Third Sample Class (45 minutes)
Throughout the morning there are on going opportunities to meet with staff, learn more about all of our classes including our teen programs!
Our classes give young people the opportunity to learn the fundamental building blocks of drama, and benefit from the additional skills of creativity, critical thinking, collaboration and communication that theatre education provides. We offer a fun and supportive class environment in a setting unique to Boston and the region: Wheelock Family Theatre is a professional, Equity theatre committed to creating high quality productions, celebrating diversity, and making its programs affordable and accessible for children and families. Wheelock Family Theatre’s education program is an exciting developmentally and age-appropriate curriculum for young people between the ages of 3 and 18.
We have designed a sequence of class offerings that allow students to experience the joy of creative discovery at any point along the continuum. Intergenerational storytelling leads to early creative dramatics leads to acting fundamentals/actor’s toolbox then to specialty sessions in musical theatre, stage combat, improv, playwriting, or songwriting. We encourage students to take classes more than once, to continue building their foundation of skills upon prior training. Experienced students can audition for WFT’s advanced performance intensives and mainstage productions.
- All programs enroll on a first-come, first-serve basis. Programs have a maximum capacity, to optimize small groups.
- Classes have been organized by age and grade, to support developmentally and age-appropriate curriculum and peer interaction, and we adhere to advertised age brackets.
- We ask that parents not attend classes with their children (Saturday Stories the exception). It is our experience that children do best if unaccompanied. We do invite family and friends to attend the last class in each session.
- WFT makes every possible effort to accommodate students with special needs and physical and cognitive differences. We encourage families to provide us with any necessary information during registration to help us assess individual needs.
- Tuition assistance is available.
- Multi-class Discounts for classes are available. Please contact members of our Education Department at 617-353-2994.
If you have any questions or would like help in selecting classes for your child, please email us at WFTEd@bu.edu or call us at 617-353-2994.