Bud, Not Buddy
In order to best protect our community and artists during this time, it is with a heavy heart that we write to announce that Wheelock Family Theatre at Boston University has made the difficult decision to postpone our remaining 39th season performances of The Little Prince and Bud, Not Buddy.
Set in Michigan during the 1930s, Bud, Not Buddy tells the story of 10-year-old Bud Caldwell, an orphan on the run from abusive foster homes, and his quest to find his father. Bud’s journey sets him on the trail of a jazz band known as Herman E. Calloway and the Dusky Devastators of the Depression. A flier for one of Calloway’s shows leads Bud to Grand Rapids and Calloway, the man he believes to be his father. Bud gets into all sorts of trouble along the way and develops his own “Rules and Things” to help him navigate a world of confusing expectations. Rich with adventure and humor, Bud, Not Buddy is a coming-of-age tale for young and old alike. The novel also won the Coretta Scott King Award.
In Rep with The Little Prince.
Recommended for ages 8+
Adapted by Reginald André Jackson
From the novel by Christopher Paul Curtis
Directed by Dawn M. Simmons
Our student matinee series is sponsored by the Yawkey Foundation
- Box Office: 617-353-3001; WFTtix@bu.edu
- Location: 180 The Riverway on the Fenway Campus of Boston University
- Parking: Parking is available at MASCO garage at 375 Longwood Avenue
- MBTA: Fenway or Longwood on Green Riverside Line (D train); CT busses to Beth Israel
- Access: The Theatre is wheelchair accessible. All performances are Open Captioned. Scheduled performances are interpreted in American Sign Language and Audio-described.
April 28 - May 17, 2020
Saturdays and Sundays at 2:00 P.M.
ASL & AD Performance
Saturday, May 16th at 2pm