Little Women, the Musical
Based on Louisa May Alcott’s life, Little Women follows the adventures of sisters Jo, Meg, Beth and Amy March. Jo is trying to sell her stories for publication, but the publishers are not interested. On the advice of her friend, Professor Bhaer, Jo weaves the story of herself, her sisters, and their experience growing up in Civil War America. The original production starred the unparalleled Sutton Foster, who received Tony, Outer Critics Circle and Drama Desk nominations for her performance.
Book by Allen Knee
Music by Jason Howland
Lyrics by Mindi Dickstein
Based on the novel by Louisa May Alcott
Directed by Nick Vargas
Music Directed by Jon Goldberg
Choreographed by Laurel Conrad
This production runs 2 hours and 45 minutes including one 15 minute intermission.
Our student matinee series is sponsored by the Yawkey Foundation
ASL & Audio Described Performances are Sunday, February 9th at 2pm & Sunday, February 16th at 2pm
- Box Office: 617-353-3001; WFTtix@bu.edu
- Location: 180 The Riverway on the Fenway Campus of Boston University
- Parking: Parking is available at MASCO garage at 375 Longwood Avenue
- MBTA: Fenway or Longwood on Green Riverside Line (D train); CT busses to Beth Israel
- Access: The Theatre is wheelchair accessible. All performances are Open Captioned. Scheduled performances are interpreted in American Sign Language and Audio-described.
January 31 - February 23, 2020
Friday evenings at 7:30
Saturday & Sunday matinees at 2:00
ASL & AD Performances
Sunday, February 9th & 16th at 2pm