Roald Dahl’s James and the Giant Peach
This new musical adaptation of Dahl’s classic story gives us all of the delicious rhymes of the book with whimsical music & lyrics from the creative team behind The Greatest Showman and Dear Evan Hansen. James’ thrilling quest across the pond will lead him to discover family and home in the most unlikely of places. Recommended for ages 6+
Words and Music by Benj Pasek & Justin Paul
Book by Timothy Allen McDonald
Based on the book James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl
Directed by Emily Ranii
Musical Direction by Matthew Stern
Choreography by Juanita Pearl
Our student matinee series is sponsored by the Yawkey Foundation.
REVIEWS ARE IN
“…the big picture of ‘James and the Giant Peach’ is bursting with a still-relevant, even urgent, message.”
-The Boston Globe
“…great songs, costumes, sets, choreography and performances, delightfully directed by Emily Ranii…”
“‘James and the Giant Peach’ is family theatre at its best.”
WHAT OUR AUDIENCES ARE SAYING
“James and the Giant Peach was the first time I’d been to one of your productions and I was blown away–great cast, great production, great message, and such fun all the way through. Take your family–or even go by yourself. You’ll love it!”
Kelly Kim, ASL Coach, invites you to attend James and the Giant Peach. ASL & Audio Described performances are May 5 at 2pm and May 10 at 7:30pm.
- Box Office: 617-353-3001; WFTtix@bu.edu
- Location: 180 The Riverway on the Fenway Campus of Boston University
- Parking: Parking is available at MASCO garage at 375 Longwood Avenue
- MBTA: Fenway or Longwood on Green Riverside Line (D train); CT busses to Beth Israel
- Access: The Theatre is wheelchair accessible. All performances are Open Captioned. Scheduled performances are interpreted in American Sign Language and Audio-described.