Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka
“ROALD DAHL’S WILLY WONKA is a charming, tuneful show for all ages.”
– Rich Fahey, On Boston Stages
Roald Dahl’s timeless musical story of the world-famous candy man and his quest to find an heir comes to chocolate-covered life. Charlie Bucket’s delicious adventures on his visit to Willy Wonka’s mysterious chocolate factory light up the stage in this captivating adaptation of Roald Dahl’s fantastical tale. Featuring the enchanting songs from the 1971 film starring Gene Wilder, and new songs by Leslie Bricusse (Jekyll & Hyde, Doctor Dolittle) and Anthony Newley, Roald Dahl’s Willy Wonka is a scrumdiddlyumptious musical guaranteed to delight everyone’s sweet tooth.
Music and Lyrics by Leslie Bricusse and Anthony Newley
Adapted for the Stage by Leslie Bricusse and Timothy Allen McDonald
Based on the Book “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory” by Roald Dahl
Director: Emily Ranii
Music Director: Nathan Urdangen
Choreographer: Russell Garrett
This production runs approximately 2 hours including one 15 minute intermission.
ASL & Audio Described performances are Sunday, November 10th at 2pm & Saturday, November 16 at 7:30pm
Our student matinee series is sponsored by the Yawkey Foundation.
- Box Office: 617-353-3001; WFTtix@bu.edu
- Location: 180 The Riverway on the Fenway Campus of Boston University
- Parking: Parking is available at MASCO garage at 375 Longwood Avenue
- MBTA: Fenway or Longwood on Green Riverside Line (D train); CT busses to Beth Israel
- Access: The Theatre is wheelchair accessible. All performances are Open Captioned. Scheduled performances are interpreted in American Sign Language and Audio-described.
October 25 - November 17, 2019
Friday & Saturday evenings at 7:30
Saturday & Sunday matinees at 2:00
ASL & AD Performances
Sunday, November 10 at 2pm & Saturday, November 16 at 7:30pm