Work With Us
Explore the available career opportunities for working professionals as well as current Boston University students. This page is updated regularly, so please check back regularly.
At this time, there are no openings for full or part-time professional staff. Any available positions will be listed here and on the Boston University Human Resources website.
Individuals interested in teaching with Wheelock Family Theatre should submit their cover letter and resume to WFTEd@bu.edu.
Working at WFT@BU is a great job, with a lot of variety and flexibility. Students get to work on live theatre shows, music concerts, lectures, films, musicals, and more. We are proud of our reputation with both BU departments and our external clients for having an outstanding student workforce.
- All student positions are part-time. Your work schedule is made around your academic schedule so you will not be asked to work during your classes.
- We employ up to 15 students and expect them to be professional, friendly, and helpful to our clients and guests.
- Having a Work-Study grant is desired, but not required for employment.
- Students have the responsibility to effectively communicate all conflicts in a timely manner with their supervisor.
- The weekly schedule is typically posted by Thursday for the following week. Hours vary depending on the events and activities.
- You are expected to be on time for all shifts and dressed appropriately for work.
- Excellent customer service, good communication skills, and ability to work as a team with your peers are required of all student staff.
- Training will be provided for all positions and varies based on the position you have.
Due to Covid-19 our season auditions have been postponed until further notice. Please stay tuned for more updates as soon as they become available.