Black Lives Matter
Dear Wheelock Family Theatre Community,
We mourn the loss of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, and Ahmaud Arbery; condemn the systemic racism, history of oppression, and violence that led to their tragic deaths; and stand in solidarity with our community. We are heartbroken alongside you. United, we raise our voices: Black Lives Matter.
To our young audiences, you deserve a better world. At Wheelock Family Theatre, we are committed to listening to and learning from you, to joining forces and forging a brighter future, a future in which:
- Youth feel inherently safe, inside and outside their homes, at any hour—day or night.
- Youth trust that, when they reach out to an adult for help, they will receive help.
- Youth feel free to express themselves and speak out against injustices.
- Youth see themselves represented at all levels of participation and leadership on the world’s stages.
- Youth dream big and are confident in their own abilities, as well as their support systems, to help them achieve their dreams.
- Youth grow up to be the next generation of heroes.
Resources for Families
- “37 Children’s Books to Help Talk About Racism and Discrimination”: Click here.
- Anti-Racism Resources: Click here.
– Emily Ranii, Keith Orr, Jeri Hammond and the entire Wheelock Family Theatre Staff