We are excited to welcome you back to Wheelock Family Theatre to celebrate 40 years of live theatre transforming lives!
Join us October 2nd from 4pm to 6:30pm for an afternoon of fun-filled activities, exciting entertainment, and a chance to reconnect with old friends and make new ones.
Navigate this page to RSVP, purchase your family reunion t-shirt, learn more about event logistics and safety protocols and more!
After many months of being apart, missing holidays and important events, we can finally be together again, and we want to celebrate! Part picnic, part performance, part creative playground, we will honor WFT’s 40th anniversary through an afternoon of food and family fun, while we kick-off this 10 year initiative to collect stories of our past while creating new ones along the way.
1:00PM to 5:00PM- COSTUME SALE
Shop from WFT’s costume stock to find the perfect costume for your next outing or just because! Located in the theater lobby.
4:00PM TO 6:30PM – 40TH FAMILY REUNION
Interactive workshops, WFT Trivia & Games, Step & Repeat Photobooth, T-shirts & more! The afternoon will be concluded with a few BIG announcements as well as a performance featuring performers from past WFT productions. Bring your picnic basket and blanket and catch up with your WFT family! Located on the campus green.
This event will be interpreted in American Sign Language and audio described.
RSVP’s are required for the health and safety of those in attendance.
Order an exclusive limited edition 40th anniversary t-shirt!
Shirt Pre-Sale has closed! But don’t worry, a limited number of shirts and select sizes will be available at the event.
Click a photo to enlarge it.
Looking for the perfect Halloween costume? Or perhaps your just in need of that special piece to add a spark to your wardrobe.
Join us on October 2nd from 1pm to 5pm for our second costume sale! Happening in the theater lobby, we’ll be selling pieces from past productions and fabric we no longer can hold onto. From the everyday to the extraordinary – there is something for everyone and for every age! Cash or credit cards are accepted.
Masks are required indoors.
The health and safety of the WFT community is our highest priority. We have put the following protocols and policies in place for our family reunion to ensure everyone in attendance has an enjoyable and safe time.
- The majority of our event will take place outdoors and will encourage social distancing whenever possible. If you feel more comfortable wearing a mask outdoors, please do!
- When indoors everyone older than 2 yrs old will be required to wear masks. Please review BU’s mask-wearing requirements here. The only activities that take place indoors are our costume sale and when attendees need to use the bathroom.
- Everyone will be required to RSVP prior to the event to gather a comprehensive list of those in attendance.
- Event staff will use a contactless check-in process at the event.
- All performers will be socially distanced from each other and from the audience while performing.
- Our event will be designed to limit or avoid all sharing of objects. Objects that must be shared among participants will be cleaned between users.
This event will take place on Boston University’s Fenway Campus – the home of Wheelock Family Theatre. To learn about how to get here by train or car click here. See the campus map below for the location of the reunion.
Click the map above to enlarge & download.
- The sun will come out…Saturday! Any updates on weather will be shared via email, social media and be posted on our website.
- Plan to pack a snack. WFT will be some individually wrapped bites but attendees are encouraged to bring their own picnic.
- Bring your own blanket & chairs. We’ll have a few folding chairs available but we encourage everyone to bring their own.
- Everyone is welcome! Whether you’ve seen one show, been in a dozen, taken every class for the last 10-years or are just learning about the theater – this event is for you!
- ASL Interpreters & Audio Description will be provided. Have additional questions about the event’s accessibility? Contact Jamie Aznive, email@example.com or 617.353.1451.
- T-Shirts can be picked up at the day of the event. Pre-orders can be picked-up the day of the event with limited shirts available for sale (by credit card).